Marijuana grow-op discovered after shots-fired callout

100 Mile House RCMP make a significant grow-op bust after responding to a shots-fired alert

100 Mile RCMP responded to 82 complaints and calls for service during the past week.

Grow-op busted

Shortly before 10 p.m. on Sept. 2l, 100 Mile RCMP responded to a shots-fired complaint in the vicinity of Fawn Lake Road.

While conducting inquiries in the area, the investigators were directed to a residence on Fricke Road where they confirmed a number of shotgun rounds had been discharged. No one was located at the scene.

While clearing the property, investigators discovered indications of a marijuana grow-op in an adjacent structure. Officers overnight secured the property and a search warrant was sought.

On Sept. 22, a team of officers executed a search warrant for the property under the Controlled Drug & Substances Act. A total of 912 mature marijuana plants, three firearms and marijuana production equipment were seized from this commercial-style marijuana grow-op.

No people have been arrested as of this time. The investigation into this matter is continuing.

Needed a tow

Just before 1 p.m. on Sept. 19, the driver of a Hyundai Accent was turning out of the Chevron gas station onto the northbound lane of Highway 97.

The driver was not paying attention to the northbound traffic. The driver of a tow truck saw the Hyundai driver was not going to stop prior to entering the highway and attempted to brake and avoid the collision. The driver of the car impacted the side of the tow truck.

The Hyundai received extensive damage, but there was no damage to the tow truck. The driver of the Hyundai was issued a violation ticket for causing the collision.

Excessive speeds

There were two drivers stopped for excessive speeding on Highway 97 south of 100 Mile House.

The speeds ranged from 48 to 53 km/h over the posted speed limit and both drivers were from the Lower Mainland.

The drivers were charged under the Motor Vehicle Act and their vehicles were towed and impounded for seven days.