The Deka Lake & District Volunteer Fire Department's (DLDVFD) annual Ice Fishing Derby is Saturday, Feb. 11. All tickets cost $6 and weigh in, from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m., is at Access #12 (Burgess Rd. and Julsrud Rd.).
Refreshments will be available on the ice and prize-giving is on the ice as soon as possible after 2 p.m.
Prizes to three places are awarded for lake trout, kokanee and rainbow and all tickets are entered in the prize draw even if you don't fish. Ticket holders must be present to win.
The winner of DLDVFD Ladies Auxiliary (LA) Memorial Quilt will be drawn from amongst all members of DLDVFD and LA.
DLDVFD is delighted to welcome its second female firefighter, Denise Britton.
The Interlakes Economic Association's free annual Outhouse Races is Sunday, Feb. 12, at Interlakes Corner.
Outhouses will be on site at 10 a.m. and races start at 11 a.m. Spectators can vote for their favourite and the winner will receive the People's Choice Award.
Last year's giant slide will be in place and, this year, there will also be sleigh rides.
Hot food and beverages will be available on site.
Anne & Ron Conway are the guest artists in Bridge Lake Library's Community Showcase for February.
Known best for their fused glass, paper and pressed flowers jewelry creations, they also make bird feeders, cards and panels.
They work from home at 7510 Webb Lake Rd. and ask that you phone 250-593-4066 if you wish to visit.
They are also often at the 100 Mile Farmers' Market and at Loon Bay Market.
Happy 78th birthday to Walter Levick; and for Amber Parker's 22nd.
Call the writer for contact numbers
• Coffee Chat with Cambria Volonte of Gaia Acres Yoga & Fitness: 10 a.m., Monday, Jan. 30, at the Interlakes Community Centre (ICC).
• Log Cabin Quilters meet from 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., Wednesday, Feb. 1 at the ICC.
• Deka Ladies Auxiliary meets at 10:30 a.m., Wednesday, Feb. 1 at the Deka Firehall.
• Crib, Deka Firehall: 7:30 p.m., Friday, Feb. 3.
• Annual General Meeting for the ICC Society and Roe Lake & District Recreation Commission: 7 p.m., Tuesday, Feb. 7 at the ICC.
• Call Barry Larson at 250-706-3877 to register your team for the Feb. 11/12 Snow Ball Tournament at ICC.