This writer was amongst those invited by Roe Lake & District Recreation Commission to a buffet supper, as a thank you for volunteering for various events. Several guests also won great door prizes. Apparently, Gyl Connaty chose to do all the prep work herself and this included a divine designer potato salad. And, we were all entertained by brilliant musician Marco Buehler.
I’m sure everyone was as appreciative as I was.
The Cariboo Regional District (CRD) has scheduled our Area L town-hall meeting for 5 p.m., Tuesday, Sept. 30 at Lone Butte Community Hall.
The CRD will seek input into the 2015 budget and five-year financial plan; and residents will also be able to ask questions about their property taxes, and any other items of interest.
Friend will be missed
Bridge Lake Fair directors send deepest sympathy to the family and friends of Jean Reynolds who passed away Aug. 21. Jean was one of the fair’s “Garden Fruits & Vegetable” judges for several years, and did an excellent job. She will be missed.
Bridge Lake’s Diane Hopp expressed her heartfelt gratitude to Interlakes Volunteer Fire Department, who saved her home when the Goheen’s home burned down, Aug. 26. “They were amazing, and they were here all night. I would have lost mine too but for them.”
Photo group meets
Due to the school’s closure, the Bridge Lake Photo Group will meet at Interlakes Hall, 7 p.m., Thursdays, Sept. 18 and Oct. 2.
Birthday bubbly goes to David Regehr on his 44th. Congratulations to Pam and Doug Canty on their 45th wedding anniversary; and for Natalie and Dave McCaw’s 19th.
Call the writer for contact numbers
• Crib, Deka Firehall, 7:30 p.m. Friday, Sept. 12.
• Knotty Ladies Appliqué Group meets noon to 3 p.m., Monday, Sept. 15. Call 250-593-4070 for venue.
• Highway 24/Interlakes Lions meet 6:30 p.m., Monday, Sept. 15 at Interlakes Hall.
• Kids Space first meeting: 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., Friday, Sept. 19 at Interlakes Hall. All children to age 12 are welcome.
• Tractor Pull, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., Sunday, Sept. 14, at Interlakes Corner: register at V-Squared, any day except Tuesdays and Wednesdays.