The 58th Bridge Lake Fair (BLF) is Aug. 15-16 at Interlakes Community Centre.
Entries are accepted Aug. 15 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., and judged that evening. The exhibition, entertainment, demonstrations, old-fashioned games and animals are open to the public Aug. 16 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
There are more than 400 classes in 20 sections, so there’s somewhere for everyone to enter something.
This year’s BLF Roving Trophy is for Best of Show Fine Arts & Hobbies.
New this year is a cake-decorating contest with cash prizes for adults, 12-14 years, and nine-11 years.
Vendors requiring space should call this writer ASAP; there is no charge but space is limited. All spots are outside, so vendors should come prepared for all weather conditions.
Lions’ board elected
Highway 24/Interlakes Lions welcomed their new executive July 1: president Harry Bishop; vice-president Harv Allen; secretary Carolyn Charlton; tail-twister Robert Young; and continuing treasurer Darlene Furber. Directors elected for two years are Kitty Carroll and Don Charlton.
Cathy Bernard is August’s guest in Bridge Lake Library’s Community Showcase, and will display the art of sewing.
Congratulations and good luck go to Brent Ehlers on being accepted into Aeronautical Engineering at Ottawa’s Carleton University for September. Congratulations also go to students who took top honour awards: Hailey Blattler – Foundations of Math 12; and Ehlers – Law 12 and Sports & Recreation 12.
Happy birthday goes to Lorraine Jerema, Eva Ruscheinsky and Donna Watson; for Bob Pernoski’s golden moment; and 14 balloons for Destiny Schroeder.
Call the writer for contact numbers.
• Call 250-593-0203 if you can help with grounds upkeep at Interlakes Community Centre.
• Interlakes BCRA Rodeo, Interlakes Rodeo Grounds, Aug. 1-2, gates open 8 a.m. Main events from 1 p.m.
• Deka fishing derby, Access #12, Aug. 1-2. Weigh in 7 a.m.-dusk Saturday; 7 a.m.-2 p.m. Sunday. Tickets $10; children $5.
• Sulphurous fishing derby, Aug. 2. Weigh in from 8 a.m. Tickets $5.
• Call 250-593-0203 to reserve your $10 spot for the tailgate sale at Interlakes Rodeo Grounds, 9 a.m. -1 p.m., Aug. 15.