On April 5, over 20 members of Deka Lake & District Volunteer Fire Department Ladies Auxiliary (LA,) enjoyed a delicious luncheon provided by the Log Cabin Quilters at Interlakes Community Centre (ICC.) Afterwards, the Quilters’ Celeste Faessler instructed them in the making of an Easter card.
It was a very special treat much enjoyed and appreciated by the LA.
Our MP Cathy McLeod is celebrating Canada’s 150th birthday by connecting with 50 people, 50 places and 50 events. Organizers of Bridge Lake Fair are delighted that one of those events will be this year’s 60th Fair on August 20 at ICC.
The next Coffee Chat at ICC is 10 a.m., Monday, April 24, at which time Marian Anderberg will speak on Elder Abuse Prevention.
Tickets are available for Interlakes Economic Association’s June 17 Dinner Dance & Silent Auction, from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. at ICC. This kid-friendly event, featuring music by Ryan 7, raises funds for community events, especially the summer’s Music at the Lakes program. Get your tickets at The Country Pedlar: adults, $30; children aged six to twelve, $10; wee ones aged five and under are admitted free.
Birthday bubbly goes to Mel Grahn, Ken Miller and Leroy Wright.
Call the writer for contact numbers
– Clean-up at Mountain Spruce Community Centre Park (Mahood Lake & Burgess Roads) from 10 a.m., Saturday, April 15. Free hotdogs!
– Call 250-593-4865 or 250-593-4583 to register your wee ones for the Lions’ children’s Easter Party at ICC, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Saturday, April 15.
– Movie & Popcorn at ICC, 1.30 p.m., Saturday, April 15. Showing “Knight & Day” with Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz. Members $2; non-members $3.
– Highway 24/Interlakes Lions meet 6.30 p.m., Tuesday, April 18 at ICC
– Log Cabin Quilters meet 9.30 a.m. to 1.30 p.m., Wednesday, April 19 at ICC.
– Crib, Deka Firehall, 7.30 p.m., Friday, April 21.
– Deka VFD quarterly meeting: 10 a.m., Sunday, April 23. All firefighters are requested to attend.
– Restorative Yoga at ICC: next session commences April 25. Must book in advance: 250-593-4869.
– Ninth Annual Photo Exhibition at ICC, 1 p.m. to 4 p.m., Sunday, April 30.