The Fishing Highway 24 Tourist Association is sponsoring a fishing derby for the entire month of September.
Tickets cost $5 each and allow weighing in at any specified venue at any time.
Fish categories are kokanee, lake and rainbow trout.
Weigh in at any of the following resorts: Cariboo Bonanza; Cottonwood Bay; Crystal Waters; Fawn Lake; Lac des Roches; Loon Bay; Moondance Bay; Moosehaven; Opax Mountain; and Sheridan Park, or at Wildman’s Outdoor Store.
At the end of the derby, prizes will be awarded for the largest fish in each category from each lake.
Tickets are available at all above resorts, at Wildman’s Outdoor Store and at Seawood B&B (7431 Shertenlib Rd.).
Photos will be taken at weigh-ins and pictures will be posted on facebook.com/thefishinghighway24.
Don’t miss the 57th Bridge Lake Fair at Interlakes Hall on Aug. 17.
Starting at 10 a.m., visitors will enjoy a lot of small animals, musical entertainment, a clown, children’s games, best dressed bicycle parade and, of course, the exhibition itself.
Birthday bubbly goes to Lorna Wiebe, Harv Allen and Gus Collins. Wedding anniversary congratulations go to Wendy and Gordon Marshall and Donna and Jim Watson.
Call the writer for contact numbers.
• Crib, Deka Fire Hall, 7:30 p.m., Aug. 15.
• Entries for Bridge Lake Fair are accepted 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Aug. 16 at Interlakes Hall. Judging takes place that evening.
• Bridge Lake Community School meets 7 p.m., Aug. 20.
• Interlakes Volunteer Fire Department annual general meeting: 7 p.m., Aug. 21 at Interlakes Hall. The raffle will be drawn.
• Register at V-Squared (Interlakes Service Centre) for the Aug. 24 Show ‘n Shine.