A full house of more than 80 people enjoyed Deka Lake & District Volunteer Fire Department (DLDVFD) Ladies Auxiliary’s(LA) Fall Dinner on Oct. 15.
Co-ordinated by vice-president Val Dennison, everything ran very smoothly; and Ruth Marx won the door prize.
For the first time in many a year, one of the raffle winners was present. Donna and Duncan Jarvis’ daughter, Linda Fulton,won the Stanley socket set.
Other winners, all but one of whom live away, included:
• Quilts and pillows: Donna McAllister
• Electric motor: previous member, Ardise Newcombe
• Crocheted tablecloth: Phillip Nordquist
• Afghan: Madeline Dickson
• Emergency escape ladder: Greg Sehn
• Essential backpack for 2: Carita VandenHagen.
The LA is most appreciative of the public support for both the raffle and the dinner.
The 2016 Seniors’ Resource Fair is at 100 Mile Community Hall on Nov. 15 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Admission is free, and alight lunch is available by donation. Some 30 organizations/businesses will be sharing information and resources.
Birthday bubbly goes to Alyce Matthews, and with added caviar, for Jim Wishart’s 80th Nov. 9.
Also on Nov. 9, many congratulations go to Marallyn and Morris Oerlemans for their 60th wedding anniversary.
Call the writer for contact numbers.
• DLDVFD Door to Door Food Drive: Nov. 6 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., or leave your non-perishable food items or cash at thefire hall that day. Proceeds go to Interlakes Christmas Giftboxes.
• Highway 24/Interlakes Lions meet at Interlakes Community Centre (ICC) on Nov. 7, starting at 6:30 p.m.
• Interlakes Snowmobile Club’s Meet & Greet is at the Iron Horse Pub in Lone Butte on Nov. 9. No-host dinner at 6 p.m. andmeeting at 7. All interested parties are welcome. If you will want dinner, call 250-395-3557 to register.
• Roe Lake Christmas Bazaar is at the ICC on Nov. 13, 10 a.m-2 p.m.
• Free flu clinic for those who qualify: ICC on Nov. 17, 10a.m.-noon.
• Movie and optional dinner at ICC on Nov. 18 at 3 p.m. – The Bucket List (PG) with Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson.Folks must call 250-593-4869 to reserve for the $12 dinner.