Bridge Lake resident Cathy Bernard has her work on display in Bridge Lake Library’s Community Showcase this month, and parents are encouraged to take their children to see the unique display.
Cathy says her display is: “More or less about inspiring children to play and use their imagination. Most of the fabric I use is recycled, like felted wool, recycled blankets and sweaters.”
Cathy is happy if it simply encourages youngsters to be creative.
The library is open 2-6 p.m. on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.
Show ‘n Shine
Interlakes Economic Association’s Third Annual Show ’n Shine is on Aug. 23 at Interlakes Corner. Registration is at 9 a.m. and the show runs from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. They are hoping to beat last year’s total entries of 35 classic cars and bikes.
The Class Mates will entertain.
Bridge Lake Fair organizers are hoping to see many entries from 100 Mile and area, given there is no fair in town this year.
Entry booklets are available at the Donex photography counter.
Birthday bubbly goes to Lorna Wiebe; and especially to Harv Allen and Joe Visscher who both turn 75. Many congratulations to Donna and Jim Watson and Wendy and Gordon Marshall who both celebrate more than five decades of wedded bliss this week.
Call the writer for contact numbers.
• Call 250-593-0203 if you can help with grounds upkeep at Interlakes Community Centre (ICC).
• Call 250-593-0203 to reserve a $10 spot at Interlakes Rodeo Grounds tailgate sale, 9 a.m.-1 p.m., Aug. 15.
• Bridge Lake Fair, ICC. Entries accepted 9 a.m.-4 p.m., Aug. 15.
• Bridge Lake Fair, ICC, including animals, demonstrations, music and the exhibition is open to the public 10 a.m.-4 p.m., Aug. 16.
• Texas Hold ‘Em Tournament, Aug. 22 at ICC. Doors open at 11:30 a.m., play goes from noon to 5 p.m. Cost $50 plus a $5 donation to the hall, For information, call Sheila at 250-593-4869
• Social Cafe at ICC: 11:30 a.m.-2 p.m., Aug. 24. Enjoy lunch for $5.
• Interlakes Volunteer Fire Department annual general meeting: 7 p.m., Aug. 27 at ICC. The raffle will be drawn.