On June 25, Bridge Lake Elementary School held its Awards Day and Jessica Loft was named Outstanding Pupil (Academic.)
The Jimmy Bonter Memorial Citizenship award went to Jonathan Duffy; and Leandro Lang took the Ryan Larson Memorial Sportsmanship Award. Vanessa Betschart won the Music award, and Allyce Sutherland took Fine Arts. Veronika De Vries was named Most Improved, while Robert Waldner received the Athletic Award.
The Soar like an Eagle award, which is given to the student who has “found their wings,” went to Starlene Patrick.
On their 30th anniversary, the Log Cabin Quilters will hold their third annual quilt show, entitled Waste Not, Want Not.
For $5 admission, you will find a glorious array of quilts, merchants’ mall, quilt raffle, door prizes, quilts for sale, and a tea room.
Enjoy this outstanding display at Interlakes Community Centre: 10 a.m.-4 p.m., July 11; and 10 a.m.-3 p.m., July 12.
Happy birthday go to Mary Shennum and Don Charlton. Congratulations on 56 years of marriage go to Alyce and Stan Matthews, who celebrate July 4.
Call the writer for contact numbers.
• 66th Bridge Lake Stampede: July 4 at Bridge Lake Rodeo Grounds. Gates open 8 a.m., slack at 9 and main events from noon.
• Interlakes Volunteer Fire Department Garage & Bake Sale: 9 a.m.-2 p.m., July 4 at Central Fire Hall. The fire hall will be open 1-4 p.m., July 3 to receive donations, or call Bill Versluis at 250-593-2398.
• Mountain Spruce Community Centre Society annual general meeting at the park (Mahood Lake and Burgess roads intersection): 11a.m., July 4. Bring a picnic lunch.
• Friends of Bridge Lake AGM: 2 p.m., July 4 at Interlakes Community Centre.
• Family Bingo at Deka Fire Hall every Wednesday. Doors open at 6:15 p.m.; play starts at 7 p.m.
• Friends of Bridge Lake Summer Speaker: Lee Williston, senior fisheries biologist, on restocking of local lakes: 7 p.m., July 8 at Interlakes Community Centre.
• Interlakes Community Association will hold tailgate sales at Interlakes Rodeo Grounds, 9 a.m.-1 p.m., July 11, Aug. 15 and Sept. 19. Call 250-593-0203 to reserve a $10 spot.