The Interlakes Bridge Club finally held its “Christmas” party on Jan. 28, at the home of Pam & Doug Canty. Three tables played a mere 20 boards to allow plenty of time for eating the delicious array of food.
After playing, gifts of appreciation were presented to Pam Canty and Carney Myers; and the award for the highest-ranking pair from Sept. 2015 to May 2016 was presented to Johann Miller and Sharon Stewart.
Tonight’s winners were also Johann Miller and Sharon Stewart, with Wendy Dubbin and Sheila Michener coming second, and Polly Black and Susan Brown third.
The club plays every Wednesday through May; 6:45 p.m. at the Interlakes Community Centre (ICC).
Ongoing activities at the ICC include Interlakes Carpet Bowling Club, 1 p.m. to 4 p.m., Tuesdays; darts/cards night, 7 p.m., Tuesdays; pickle ball, 10 a.m. to noon, Thursdays; Kids/Teen Space 3 p.m., Fridays; and Photo Group, 7 p.m., first and third Thursdays.
The White Cane Club is holding an Open House this afternoon, Feb. 9, 1 p.m. to 4 p.m., at the 100 Mile United Church. Everyone is invited to attend this information session of special interest to those who are blind or partially sighted, along with family, friends, neighbors and caregivers.
Birthday bubbly goes to Susan Grahn and Paul Desaulniers.
Call the writer for contact numbers.
• Snow Ball Tournament at ICC, 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m., Feb. 11 and 12. Spectators welcome; concession on site.
• Deka Ice-Fishing Derby, 7 a.m. to 2 p.m., Saturday, Feb. 11, Deka Access #12.
• Outhouse Races, Interlakes Corner, from 10 a.m., Sunday, Feb. 12.
• Bridge Lake Fair start-up meeting: 1 p.m., Tuesday, Feb. 14 at the Carroll residence.
• Log Cabin Quilters meet from 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., Wednesday, Feb. 15 at the ICC.
• Crib, Deka Firehall. 7:30 p.m., Friday, Feb. 17.
• Movie & Popcorn at ICC, 1 p.m., Saturday, Feb. 18. Showing “Chicago” with Richard Gere and Catherine Zeta-Jones. $2 members; $3 non-members.
• Cambria Volonte, of Gaia Acres Yoga & Fitness, is holding a Restorative Yoga class from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m., Feb. 21, at Interlakes Community Centre. The fee is $35. Space is limited to six; reserve at 250-593-4869.