Visitors welcomed the opportunity to fish at Sulphurous/Hathaway Lakes on Aug. 6, after all other local long-weekend events were cancelled due to the wildfire situation throughout the region.
A total of 57 fish were weighed in—39 kokanee, 16 lake trout/burbot, and two rainbows, although many more were caught and released during the day.
Winners are as follows:
– 1st place Don Patterson 2lbs 14oz
– 2nd place Wayne Lush 2lbs 5oz
– 3rd place Tom Johnstone 2lbs 4oz
– 1st place Craig McGowan 1lbs 2oz
– 2nd place Declan Johnson (5 yrs) 12oz
– 1st place Dan Grant 9lbs 6oz
– 2nd place Naome Bishop 6lbs 14oz
– 3rd place Doug Buchanon 4lbs 1oz
Raffle prize winners comprised Sulphurous’ Teresa Francis and Georgie Westbrook who won the steel fire ring; and Hathaway’s Karin Beahm who won the sit-on kayak.
Organizers reported a great success, both as a fundraiser for Mountain Spruce Community Centre Society which runs the hall at Sulphurous Lake, and as a community spirit builder for all four Mahood Lake Corridor lakes.
Appreciation was expressed to the many generous sponsors, the volunteers, and the public for its support.