An evacuation order has been issued for the Teepee Lake Area in the Cariboo Regional District Wednesday, July 11.
The affects 293 parcels and covers 71,161 hectares.
This order is replacing the entirety of the Teepee Lake Evacuation Alert issued on July 10, 2023 and the Pelican Lake Area Evacuation.
“Due to immediate danger to life safety due to fire, members of the RCMP or other groups will be expediting this action,” the CRD notice stated.
Head south and then east on Nazko Road/Blackwater Road/North Fraser Drive until you reach Quesnel.
Interactive map: https://t.co/kLf6TLftsW
— Emergency Info BC (@EmergencyInfoBC) July 12, 2023
Residents must leave the area immediately and are asked to gather family; take a neighbour or someone who needs help.
• Take pets in pet kennels or on leash.
• Take critical items (medicine, purse, wallet, and keys) only if they are immediately
• Close all windows and doors; Close gates (latch) but do not lock.
• Do not shut off your natural gas. For more information visit www.fortisbc.com/.
• Do not use the telephone unless you need emergency service.
• Do not use more vehicles than you have to.
• To receive Emergency Support Services, please call 250-983-3638. In addition, you
may self-register using the Evacuee Registration & Assistance (ERA) tool at
https://ess.gov.bc.ca/, (if not already done)
Emergency Support Services will be provided only if your primary residence is on an
For more information, visit cariboord.ca/emergency, or contact:1-866-759-4977