100 Mile House students can save big on everything from their everyday staples to special gifts for friends and family thanks to a new initiative from the local Pharmasave.
By simply showing their student card, students age 12 to 19 receive 20 per cent off everything in the store, excluding prescriptions, books and magazine, sale items and gift cards, explains cosmetics manager Alison Wright, whose own teens attending the nearby high school helped inspire the initiative.
Alison sees benefits beyond beyond personal purchases for the teens.
“If they want to buy their mom, dad or friend a gift, it’s a little more affordable for them now,” she says.
So what’s hot in store?
- Skin care is top of-mind for many teens and Alison and her team enjoy ongoing education to help direct shoppers to the right products for their needs. The store’s pharmacists are also happy to answer many questions about products on the shelves, Alison notes.
- Not only for girls, all teens care about looking and feeling their best, and today’s styles mean more boys are investing in hair and skin products too, Alison says.
- In the cosmetics aisle, discover many of the brands you want, including pop singer Katy Perry’s own Cover Girl line! Nails are also big these days, and in addition to a full array of polishes and mani-pedi accessories, you’ll also find a variety of artificial nails to get today’s latest looks.
- For hair, beyond colours and special treatments to keep it looking healthy and beautiful, especially through the Cariboo’s cold, dry winters, find a whole host of accessories to create your own unique look.
- Treat yourself – or a friend! Little luxuries like body sprays and bath bombs can be an inexpensive gift to yourself after a prepping for a test or a long day of school and work. You’ll also find a variety of clothes and accessories, from affordable jewellery to stylish scarves and seasonal items for everyone on your holidays shopping list.
Not finding what you’re looking for? Alison encourages shoppers of all ages to let one of the staff know and they’ll try to bring it in!