At the Deka Lake & District Volunteer Fire Department’s Jan. 27 practice, Cariboo Regional District Area L Director Brian Coakley formally presented long-service pins.
Mario Huebel received his 10-year pin, while Jim Watson was recognized for 20 years of service.
Many congratulations go to Michelle and Kyle Turley who were thrilled to welcome their daughter, Kira, into the world on Dec. 11. Kira weighed 7 pounds 11ounces when she arrived, and the family is doing well.
Interlakers lost another dear friend when Lorraine LeBourdais passed away Jan. 21 at the age of 58, and she will be sadly missed.
Deepest sympathy is extended to Rob and their family.
A scholarship fund is available at the Williams Lake & District Credit Union in 100 Mile House for those who wish to make a donation in Lorraine’s memory.
A celebration of life is planned for May 2 at Lone Butte Community Hall.
Dogs need to be watched carefully with the recent warm-up bringing soft spots to lake ice.
Dogs do not recognize the hazard, so take them out instead of letting them out.
Interlakes Economic Association is arranging to have a booth at the Cottage Life & Cabin Show in Edmonton, Alberta on April 24-26.
Anyone who is interested in participating in this opportunity should e-mail Debi Young at email@example.com before Feb. 28.
We wish happy birthday to Susan Grahn today (Feb. 12).
Call the writer for contact numbers.
• Kids Space meets 3:30-5:30 p.m., Feb. 13 at Interlakes Hall.
• Knotty Ladies Appliqué Group meets noon-3 p.m., Feb. 16. Call 250-593-4070 for venue.
• Highway 24/Interlakes Lions meet 6:30 p.m., Feb. 16 at Interlakes Hall.
• Log Cabin Quilters meet 9:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m., Feb. 18 at Interlakes Hall.
• Teen Space meets at new time: 4:30-7 p.m., Feb. 20 at Interlakes Hall.
• Logo competition entries reflecting our cowboy heritage must be submitted by Feb. 28 to firstname.lastname@example.org.