Teams are already registering for the Ryan Larson Memorial Snow Ball Tournament, March 3-4 at Interlakes Ball Grounds.
Team entry fees are $200 and registration deadline is Feb. 25. To register, call Tim Ruscheinsky at 250-593-2239.
Teams must have a minimum of 11 and maximum of 18 players, including at least four of the opposite sex.
The tournament has been running for decades, but its name was changed in 1996 to honour then 13-year-old Ryan Larson (of the pioneer Larson family) who passed away from meningitis that January. In his short life, Ryan was always a keen, team sportsman. His brothers and cousins can be counted on to field teams for this annual event.
The tournament is on regardless of weather conditions, although it does look like there’ll be plenty of snow this year.
Spectators are welcome and there is a concession on site.
Advertising space in 55th Bridge Lake Fair entry booklet is now on sale.
The fair is Aug. 18-19 at Interlakes Hall, and the booklet is on the streets from May to August.
Business card size ads cost $15; quarter page $25; half page $50; and a whole page is $90.
Previous advertisers will be contacted. Anyone else who wishes to place an ad should call this writer as soon as possible. Space is limited and always sells out fast.
Interlakes youth groups Kids Space and Teen Space, which are sponsored by the Cariboo Presbyterian Church, are holding their annual fundraising luncheon, catered by the youth, from 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m., Feb. 19 at Interlakes Hall.
Come enjoy a variety of soups, homemade biscuits and apple crisp for whatever donation you deem fit.
The annual children’s Winter Carnival is coming to 100 Mile Junior Secondary gym from 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., Feb. 18.
This is free for all children and many Interlakers have participated in the past. Enjoy fun indoors and out, and get your face painted, watch a puppet show and see Chris the Clown.
Even the snacks are free, so be sure not to miss it.
Birthday bubbly goes to Susan Grahn, Natalie McCaw and Paul Desaulniers.
Call the writer for contact numbers.
• Kids Space meets 5:30-7:30 p.m., Feb. 10 at Interlakes Hall.
• Cariboo Regional District emergency planning open house is 2-4 p.m., February 11 at Deka Firehall. Equipment owner/operators are particularly requested to register.
• Valentine’s Dance, Interlakes Hall, Feb. 11. Reservations are not needed. Tickets ($15) include music by Mark Allen, door prizes and refreshments.
• “Travels on Sunday” takes you to Lapland/Finland with Piri and Eric DeVries, 1 to 2:30 p.m., Feb. 12 at Bridge Lake School.
• Call 250-593-4538 to reserve your choice of entrée for Bridge Lake Community School’s International Gourmet Dinner, Feb. 14. The cost is $25.
• Log Cabin Quilters meet 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., Feb. 15 at Interlakes Hall.