Thirteen Grade 3-7 Bridge Lake Elementary School (BLES) students participated in the South End Schools’ Cross-Country Run in 100 Mile House on Oct. 5, and won the Small Schools division.
They are now proud owners of the coveted Golden Running Shoe and not for the first time.
Christmas is coming and that means residents will want to visit the annual Roe Lake Christmas Bazaar at Interlakes Hall.
From l0 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Nov. 20, vendors will have all sorts of creations and delicious edibles for sale.
Vendors requiring a table should call Verna Desjardine at 250-593-0025. Tables cost $25 and must be reserved and paid for by Nov. 11. Space is limited, so early reservation is advised.
The BLES Parent Advisory Committee will hold its annual dinner auction, with barbecued chicken, on Dec. 2 at the school.
Dinner tickets cost $10 and there is a limit of 150 on a first come, first served basis. No minors are permitted.
Tickets are available at the school and Bridge Lake Store. Entry to the auction alone costs $1.
Auction viewing is at 5 p.m., dinner at 5:30, and the auction starts at 6:30.
Donations for the auction will be gratefully received and may be left at the school or call Denise Waldner at 250-593-4763.
Every year, the community “comes through” and their phenomenal support raises many thousands of dollars for school “extras.”
Congratulations to Nicole Myers and Craig Abt who had their first child, a daughter, Madison, on July 22. First time grandmother Carney Myers is also doing well.
Many happy returns to Kendall Wilcox who turns sweet 16 on Oct. 23.
Call the writer for contact numbers.
• Today (Oct. 19) is the last day to reserve for Deka Ladies Auxiliary’s Oct. 23 Fall Dinner, so call this writer. Adult tickets are $12; children aged six to 12 pay $6. Happy hour is at 5 p.m. with dinner at 6.
• Teen Space for Grade 7s and up meets 5:30 to 7:30 p.m., Oct. 21 at Interlakes Hall.
• Deka Volunteer Fire Department’s quarterly meeting is at l0 a.m., Oct. 23. All firefighters are required to attend.
• Deka fire practice is at 6:30 p.m. on Oct. 25.
• Darts Nights recommence at Interlakes Hall is at 7 p.m. every Tuesday, starting Oct. 25.
• Roe Lake & District Recreation Commission meets at 7 p.m., Oct. 26 at Interlakes Hall, followed by an Interlakes Community Association meeting at 7:30.
• Call 250-593-4582 if you are able to decorate a stall for Halloween Night’s Haunted Stables at the Interlakes Rodeo Grounds, and vie for the Scary Stall award.