Bridge Lake’s Celeste Faessler is the guest artist in Bridge Lake Library’s Community Showcase for March.
Celeste is well-known for her many artistic talents but informs me that she will be displaying examples of “recycle-upcycle.” Her imagination always runs wild to produce amazing creations from “used” materials. Be sure to drop in and see what you can do with an old sweater or toilet rolls.
After their annual general meeting, Feb. 7, most of Roe Lake & District Recreation Commission and Interlakes Community Centre Society (ICC) directors remain in office, including: president Lorraine Jerema; vice-president Craig Charlton; treasurer Gyl Connaty; and directors Pam Canty, Carolyn Charlton, Jil Freeman, Rene LaFavor, Carney Myers, Brenda Norfolk, Joyce Shmyr, Barb Weston and Ken Weedick.
The newly-elected secretary is Vanessa Ooms, and Kate Warnock was also welcomed to the board.
Massage on offer
ICC is offering a relaxing foot reflexology massage by Piri de Vries on Monday, March 20. Call 250-593-4869 by March 17 to book a 30-minute massage between 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. The cost is $35.
A new fitness circuit with Cambria Volonte is scheduled for Tuesdays from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. starting March 21. Pay for four weeks at $7 per class, or drop in for $10.
Many congratulations go to Darlene and Monty Furber on their 43rd wedding anniversary today (Feb. 23).
Birthday bubbly, with added caviar, goes to Carol Barwell and Les Poirier who both turn 80 tomorrow (Feb. 24); good wishes, also tomorrow, to Duncan Jarvis who turns a mere 76.
Birthday wishes are also sent to Wendy Pernoski, Vince Forsberg and Colton Parker, while huge balloons and the best of luck go to Cameron Caldwell for his 18, Feb. 25.
Call the writer for contact numbers.
• Cariboo Regional District public hearing regarding 8385 Wilson Lake Road, 7 p.m. tonight, Feb. 23, at the ICC.
• Dart/Games night, Mountain Spruce Community Events Centre, 7 p.m., Friday, Feb. 24. BYO snacks and beverages.
• Coffee Chat: 10 a.m., Monday, Feb. 27 at ICC. Sabina Donnelly speaks on “Reducing the spread and impact of invasive species.” Coffee and goodies, $2.
• Log Cabin Quilters meet 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., Wednesday, March 1 at ICC.
• Crib, Deka Firehall, 7:30 p.m., Friday, March 3.