Sadly, Bob Goheen, previous owner of Interlakes Market, passed away March 19, before reading the words of thanks in my last column. I hope he knew he was appreciated.
Residents send deepest condolences to his wife, Anneli, their family and so many friends.
Those friends are invited to remember Bob from 1 to 4 p.m., Saturday, April 1, at the family’s Bridge Lake home.
Bridge Lake Librarian Brenda Tillyer will welcome 100 Mile photographer Daryl Bell to the library’s Community Showcase for April.
A member of the Bridge Lake Photo Group, Daryl says, of photography, that he “picked it up again” a couple of years ago, after some ten years hiatus. He now concentrates primarily on black and white, and night photography.
Another session of Happy Feet relaxing reflexology is available at Interlakes Community Centre (ICC) on April 10, from 1 to 4 p.m. You must book in advance for an appointment. Call 250-593-4869.
Note that Bridge Lake Photo Group’s 9th annual Photo Exhibition will be held from 1 to 4 p.m., Sunday, April 30, at ICC.
Birthday bubbly goes to Dawn Caldwell, Cheryl Parker and Dan Stewart. Congratulations on wedding anniversaries, both on April 3, go to Isabelle & Les Poirier for their 58th, and Celia & Joe Visscher for their 48th.
Call the writer for contact numbers.
– Darts/Games night at the Mountain Spruce Community Events Centre, Sulphurous Lake, at 7 p.m., March 31.
– Crib at Deka Firehall, 7:30 p.m., Friday, March 31.
– Highway 24/Interlakes Lions meet at 6:30 p.m., Monday, April 3 at the ICC.
– Deka Ladies Auxiliary meets at 10 a.m., Wednesday, April 4 at Deka Firehall, after which members proceed to the ICC for lunch with the Log Cabin Quilters.
– Log Cabin Quilters meet from 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., Wednesday, April 4 at ICC.
– Call 250-593-4865 or 250-593-4583 to register your wee ones for the Highway 24/Interlakes Lions’ children’s Easter Party at ICC, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Saturday, April 15.