Thirty-four vehicles competed in the Interlakes Economic Association’s Third Annual Show ’n Shine at Interlakes Corner, Aug. 23.
It was a perfect day, beautifully sunny with a light breeze, and not too hot. The Class Mates provided entertainment for the day, and The Country Pedlar’s ice cream did a roaring trade.
The winners were all chosen by popular vote, as follows :
• Best bike: Gary Kinnear, 2005 Vequero
• Best car: Dave Akehurst, 1966 Chevy II
• Best truck: Jim Secord, bright red 1934 Chevy
• The People’s Choice award: Larry Hargrove, 1964 Pontiac
Of special note was Pete Bonter’s ancient tractor which, it is said, he “dug out of a field.” It stood, caged, nearby, attracting much attention.
At the Interlakes Volunteer Fire Department’s annual general meeting on Aug. 27, the management board was dissolved to be changed into a fundraising/ways and means entity.
Raffle winners are as follows:
• Quilt, donated by the Log Cabin Quilters, Leah Nielsen, 100 Mile House
• Two nights at Seawood B&B, Dave Kuyek, Bridge Lake
* Birdhouse, donated by Gord Smith, F. Booth, Mahood Lake
• Fish Flies, donated by Doug Townsend, Sonja Olson, Deka Lake
• $100 Gift Certificate, Century Home Hardware, Dan Hall, Merritt
Interlakes Community Association (ICA) has cancelled its Sept. 19 tailgate sale due to lack of interest.
It will be issuing a flyer to mailboxes with its Fall Calendar, or residents can visit the calendar at www.interlakescommuity.com.
Beginners’ bridge, for real beginners, will be starting up on Sept. 25, every Friday from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Fitness classes will run at 9 a.m. every Monday and Thursday.
The Social Cafe will be held on the fourth Monday of September, October and November. On Sept. 28, come enjoy lunch for $5 from 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Deka’s family bingo is finished until the Christmas game on Dec. 16.
Congratulations to Pam and Doug Canty on their 46th wedding anniversary, and to Natalie and Dave McCaw on their 20th.