Interlakes Community Association (ICA) is holding its free Haunted Halloween Stables at Interlakes Rodeo Grounds on Oct. 31, and the spookiest of those creations will win the highly-coveted Scary Stall award.
The fun runs from 6 to 8:30 p.m. and includes a bonfire, chili, hotdogs, beverages, goodie bags, and at 7 p.m., a fireworks show.
Anyone wishing to decorate a “haunted” stall is asked to call Carolyn Charlton at 250-593-4582.
Donations of candies or cash to help defray costs would be much appreciated.
Interlakes Snowmobile Club’s first meeting is its annual general meeting downstairs at Wildmans Family Dining & Lounge on Oct. 9at 7 p.m.
Anyone wishing to run for office, or nominate someone, is asked to call Jeanne McCartney at 250-395-3557.
Reserve your table now at the annual Roe Lake Christmas Bazaar at Interlakes Hall, Nov. 17.
From 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., visitors will be able to purchase all sorts of good things and enter the hourly door prize draw.
Tables cost $25 each and must be paid for by Nov. 10; or $15 if you pay by Oct. 15. Call Verna at 250-593-0025.
The Cariboo Regional District (CRD) is holding a public hearing at 7 p.m., Oct. 9, at Interlakes Hall to receive input into the Ramsays’ rezoning request to subdivide their 10-acre Lower Stack Lake Road property into two five-acre lots.
Bridge Lake Community School (BLCS) is hosting Yoga Stretch and Core classes to increase flexibility, co-ordination and balance at 5.30 p.m., Oct. 9, 16, 23 and 30, with Cambria Volante of Fit 4 You Fitness. The cost is $10 per session.
Dog obedience classes commence Oct.10 and continue Oct. 16, 24 and Nov. 7.
All BLCS classes require advance registration; call co-ordinator Gail Larson at 250-593-4531.
The CRD is holding its annual town-hall meeting at 1 p.m., Oct. 12 at Interlakes Hall.
This is for residents to review the five-year financial plan, and ask any questions regarding property taxes, including fire protection, libraries and solid-waste management.
Bridge Lake’s famous children’s author, Becky Citra, will be holding a book signing of her new book for teens, If Only, at Nuthatch Books in 100 Mile House, on Oct. 10.
At 3:30 p.m., meet the author, enjoy refreshments and maybe win the free book draw. Becky’s many previous books will also be available for sale.
Champagne and caviar go to Larry Davies for his 75th birthday on Oct. 8; and congratulations to Nicki and Pete Bonter on their 21st wedding anniversary, Oct. 5.
Call the writer for contact numbers.
• Kids’ Space meets 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at Interlakes Hall, Oct. 4. All children aged 12 and under are welcome. Supper is included.
• BLCS Book Club’s Oct. 6 meeting has been cancelled.
• Highway 24/Interlakes Lions meet 6:30 p.m., Oct. 7 at Interlakes Hall.
• Bridge Lake Community School annual general meeting: 7 p.m., Oct. 8 at the school.
• Deka fire practice: 6:30 p.m., Oct. 8.
• Deka Ladies Auxiliary meets 10:30 a.m., Oct. 9. Members should bring in their raffle tickets.
• “13 to 93” meets at 5 p.m., Oct. 11 at 7895 Dean Rd. in Bridge Lake. Everyone is welcome.
• Call this writer to reserve tickets for Deka Ladies Auxiliary’s annual Fall Dinner Dance, Oct. 26. Adults pay $12; children aged six to 12 pay $6; wee ones eat for free.