At Deka Lake & District Volunteer Fire Department’s (DL&DVFD) Ladies Auxiliary (LA) June 10 meeting – last until October – members welcomed new president, Louise Green, and new treasurer Ruth Marx. Vice-president Cheryl Chamberlain and secretary Mary Weight are in midterm.
The meeting also welcomed new member Cinnamon Knutson.
Louise presented long-service pins to Jean Nixdorf, 20 years; and to Penny Millway, Laurie (Hill) Sayenchuk and Penny Szach, five years. Laurie was not present.
The ladies then enjoyed a delicious potluck luncheon.
DL&DVFD and the LA will hold a farewell potluck luncheon at noon, June 29, to wish Don and Marion Traill the very best in their new home in Chilliwack.
The irreplaceable pair have been fantastic community supporters for nigh on 40 years and will be dearly missed. They go with our love and fond memories.
Birthday wishes go to Carol Keely and Frank Jerema, who both celebrate on Canada Day.
Many congratulations on wedding anniversaries to Greta and David Rickenbacher who celebrate 22 years on June 26; and to Marion and Don Traill who celebrate 63 years on June 28.
• Farmers’ Market at Interlakes Corner opens June 27 with much fanfare from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Canada Day celebrations at Interlakes Corner, 4-7:30 p.m., July 1. Meet Chief Mike Archie, MLA Donna Barnett, MP Cathy McLeod. Play games, and from 6 p.m. enjoy live music with Jess Lee.
• The 66th Bridge Lake Stampede: July 4 at Bridge Lake Rodeo Grounds. Gates open 8 a.m.; slack at 9; main events start at noon.
• Interlakes Volunteer Fire Department Garage & Bake Sale; 9 a.m.-2 p.m., July 4 at Central Fire Hall. Donations can be dropped off at fire hall, 1-4 p.m., July 3, or call Bill Versluis at 250-593-2398.
• Mountain Spruce Community Centre Society AGM at the park (Mahood Lake/Burgess roads intersection), 11 a.m., July 4. Bring a picnic lunch and enjoy the park.
• Friends of Bridge Lake AGM: 2 p.m., July 4 at Interlakes Community Centre.
• Family Bingo every Wednesday at Deka Fire Hall. Doors open at 6:15 p.m., play starts at 7.