The Fishing Highway Tourism Association, in partnership with New Pathways to Gold, is looking for two employees for the upcoming year of projects, one of which will be the Bridge Lake Ice Caves development.
Both positions are for 36 to 42 weeks.
One job is for a project manager and the other for a field supervisor.
Both require five to10 years of experience in managing projects that require the management of crews involved in general construction with a focus on rural-based projects. Both jobs require superb interpersonal skills due to the nature of managing individuals involved in early career development or mid-career transition, who are currently receiving Employment Insurance.
The field supervisor must have experience in standard and log construction; and trail construction involving chainsaws and brush saws; and be familiar with standard daily fee-based consulting practices. He or she will be responsible for the day-to-day transport, training and general oversight of the participants, and shall report to the project manager.
For more information, contact Gordon Rattray, New Pathways to Gold Society executive director, at email@example.com or phone 250-392-0847.
Bridge Lake Library librarian Brenda Tillyer has welcomed Sheridan’s Dave Neal to the Community Showcase for December.
Dave has been a stained glass artiste for about eight years, and creates seasonal pieces, angels and custom work.
Birthday bubbly goes to Jenny Ostlund, Al Bishop, Aaron Durand and John Frame.
Twelve huge balloons are winging their way to Brittanie Kerr for Dec. 7.
Call the writer for contact numbers.
• Kids Space meets 3-5:30pm, Dec. 4 at Interlakes Community Centre (ICC).
• Crib, Deka Fire Hall, 7:30 p.m., Dec. 4.
• Teen Space meets Dec. 5 at ICC.
• Highway 24/Interlakes Lions meet 6:30 p.m., Dec. 7 at ICC.
• Kids Space Christmas Pageant & Potluck Supper at ICC, Dec. 9. Doors open at 5:30 p.m. and dinner at 6. Everyone is welcome.
• To make an appointment to speak with George Abbott on Dec. 16, regarding Interlakes governance issues, contact Alice Johnston at the Cariboo Regional District at 1-800-665-1636 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Deka’s Family Christmas bingo is Dec. 16 at Deka Fire Hall at 7 p.m.