The Deka Lake & District Volunteer Fire Department’s Ladies Auxiliary’s Feb. 1 meeting welcomed new member Lori Anderson.
Bake sale scheduled
The ladies confirmed their annual bake sale for May 21 and tabled the date for their Fall Dinner until their March 1 meeting.
Bridge Lake Fair’s 60th anniversary booklet advertising is now open. All those who advertised previously will be contacted. Anyone new wishing to advertise should contact this writer as soon as possible. Business card ads cost $15; quarter-page, $25; half page, $50; and whole page, $90.
The booklet will be on the streets from May until the fair on August 19/20.
Birthday bubbly goes to Peggy Lackey, and for twins Kimberly and Mikayla Rottluff’s 21st, all on Feb. 19.
Huge double-digit balloons (ten) are winging their way to Joelle Kuyek for Feb. 21.
Call the writer for contact numbers
– Crib, Deka Firehall. 7:30 p.m., Friday, Feb. 17.
– Movie & Popcorn at the Interlakes Community Centre (ICC,) 1 p.m., Saturday, Feb. 18. Showing “Chicago” with Richard Gere and Catherine Zeta-Jones. $2 members; $3 non-members.
– Knotty Ladies Appliqué Group meets 12:30 p.m. to 3 p.m., Monday, Feb. 20. Call 250-593-4070 for the venue.
– Highway 24/Interlakes Lions meet 6:30 p.m., Monday, Feb. 20 at the ICC.
– Restorative Yoga with Cambria Volonte, 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m., Tuesday, Feb. 21, at ICC. The fee is $35. Space is limited to six; reserve at 250-593-4869.
– Community Quilting at the ICC, 9:30 to 4 p.m., Wednesday, Feb. 22.
– Roe Lake & District Recreation Commission meets 3 p.m., Wednesday, Feb. 22, at ICC, followed by ICC’s monthly meeting.
– Cariboo Regional District public hearing regarding Wilson Lake Road, 7 p.m., Thursday, Feb. 23 at ICC.
– Dart & Games night, Mountain Spruce Community Events Centre (previously Sulphurous Firehall), 7 p.m., Friday, Feb. 24. Bring your own snacks and beverages.