The ice left Deka Lake at 11:29:24 a.m., April 27, and winners of Deka Lake &District Volunteer Fire Department’s annual Ice-Out raffle, each of whom guessed April 27 and won cash prizes, are as follows:
Glenda Bruce, 11:55:34 a.m.
Gordie Ross, 1:55:06 p.m.
Geri Chapman, 2:03:29 p.m.
DLDVFD is most appreciative of the public’s support of the annual event.
Residents are reminded that Interlakes Volunteer Fire Department will be holding their annual garage sale at Firehall #2 (Central) ) on July 1.
They are now accepting donations for the sale. They ask that those who wish to donate items contact Bill Versluis at 250-593-2398.
He will make arrangements to receive or collect their goods.
Call the writer for contact numbers.
– Crib at the Deka Firehall is at 7:30 p.m. on Friday, May 19.
– Movie at the Interlakes Ccommunity Center (ICC) is at 1 p.m., Saturday, May 20. Showing “Evita” with Madonna. Member $2; non-members $3.
– Loon Bay Saturday Market opens May 20, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. outside Loon Bay Resort, For space, call Joan Rezansoff at 250-593-2353.
– Interlakes Economic Association Farmers’ Market open on May 20 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Interlakes Corner. “Get it fresh. Buy local.” For information, call Jaime Cameron at 250-945-5120.
– Deka Ladies Auxiliary Bake Sale is from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. in the upstairs hall of Deka Firehall, on Sunday, May 21. A gourmet hamper and a children’s hamper are also raffled. Be on time; this sells out fast!
– Mountain Spruce Community Events Centre (MSCC) Wine &Cheese Membership Renewal is from 3 to 5 p.m., May 21, at Sulphurous Lake.
– Community Quilting is from 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., Wednesday, May 24 at ICC.
– ICC meets at 3 p.m., Wednesday, May 24 at ICC.
– Darts &Games night is at MSCC (previously Sulphurous Firehall) starting at 7 p.m. on May 26.
– Tickets for the June 17 Dinner Auction &Dance at ICC are available at The Country Pedlar. Adults $30; children aged six to 12, $10; five and under are free.
– Age-Friendly is hosting a gardening presentation with Ken Bourne, from 1 to 2:30 p.m., Wednesday, May 24, at the South Cariboo Recreation Centre. Then, from 3 to 3.30/4 p.m., you are invited to stroll around the 100 Mile Marsh (one km). RSVP, as to either or both events, to email@example.com or 250-791-6406.